Interim report January-September 2019
FOCUS ON PROFITABILITY IMPROVEMENTS
July – September 2019
- Order bookings amounted to SEK 1,792 million (1,236)
- Income amounted to SEK 1,376 million (1,359)
- The operating loss amounted to SEK 5 million (40)
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to a negative SEK 164 million (9)
- The loss for the period amounted to SEK 27 million (55)
- Taking internal deliveries to Karlastaden into account, as well as accounting changes regarding tenant-owner projects, income amounted to SEK 1,476 million and operating profit to SEK 9 million. Cash flow from operating activities was adversely impacted in the amount of SEK 88 million by in-house production of tenant-owner apartments, and in the amount of SEK 39 million by internal deliveries to Karlastaden.
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to a negative SEK 1.20 (2.42)
January – September 2019
- Order bookings amounted to SEK 5,632 million (3,692)
- The order backlog amounted to SEK 7,662 million (7,303)
- Income amounted to SEK 4,472 million (4,525)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 13 million (86)
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to a negative SEK 728 million (positive 1)
- The loss for the period amounted to SEK 19 million (profit 32)
- Taking internal deliveries to Karlastaden into account, as well as accounting changes regarding tenant-owner projects, income amounted to SEK 4,899 million and operating profit to SEK 63 million. Cash flow was adversely impacted in the amount of SEK 289 million by in-house production of tenant-owner apartments, and in the amount of SEK 132 million by internal deliveries to Karlastaden.
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to a negative SEK 0.85 (positive 1.38)
- The equity/assets ratio was 39.3 percent (36.4)
Ola Serneke, CEO Serneke Group, comments:
“On the positive side, we saw continued good order bookings for the contracting operations during the quarter and considerable underlying need for public investment in housing, schools and other public properties.”
“We are not satisfied with the earnings trend or the declining growth. We face the challenges ahead with considerable humility, but also with determination and vigor. During the third quarter, we worked intensively to plan a major reorganization as part of a package of measures aimed at ensuring the company’s long-term competitiveness.”
Presentation of the Interim Report for January-September 2019
On October 25, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. (CET), Serneke Group will comment on this Interim Report in a conference call with an online presentation for investors, analysts and the media. The presentation will be in Swedish and can be followed live via webcast at https://tv.streamfabriken.com/serneke-q3-2019 Presentation materials for the presentation will be available on the website one hour before the webcast begins.
To participate, please dial: +46856642706
Serneke secures land allocation for new city block in Hagastaden
Serneke intends to develop an entire city block in Hagastaden, in Stockholm. The project has now pro...
Serneke to construct 60 apartments in Backa
Serneke has signed a turnkey contract with Egnahemsbolaget in Gothenburg for a value of approximatel...
Construction of Brf Utsikten in Gårdsten has now commenced
The project to construct the Brf Utsikten tenant-owner housing association in Gårdsten has now been ...
Serneke signs cooperation agreement on new wastewater treatment plant in Kalmar
Serneke Construction has signed a cooperation agreement with Kalmar Vatten AB to develop a new sewag...
Serneke commences preliminary study regarding new Swedish national soccer training center
Serneke, the Municipality of Järfälla and the Swedish Football Association (SvFF) are to sign a lett...
Serneke signs contracting agreement for 194 apartments in Upplands Väsby
Serneke Construction has signed a turnkey contracting agreement with Väsbyhem to construct 194 apart...
Serneke to construct 400 homes in Brandbergen
Serneke will be the contractor when Brandbergen Centrum, in the municipality of Haninge outside Stoc...
Year-end Report January-December 2019
A quarter pervaded by transactions and strong order bookings.
Serneke has reached an agreement-in-principal to divest a majority stake of Karlatornet to Oaktree
Serneke has reached an agreement-in-principle with Oaktree Capital Management ("Oaktree") to divest ...