Interim report January-March 2020
KICK-OFF FOR A NEW ORGANIZATION
- Order bookings amounted to SEK 2,975 million (1,177) and the order backlog was SEK 10,576 million (5,973)
- Income amounted to SEK 1,814 million (1,480)
- The operating loss was SEK 149 million (profit 18), of which non-recurring expenses amounted to SEK 135 million
- At the end of the period, available cash and cash equivalents totaled SEK 587 million
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to an outflow of SEK 233 million (262)
- Cash flow for the period amounted to an outflow of SEK 50 million, of which Karlatornet had a negative impact by SEK 140 million
- The loss for the period amounted to SEK 106 million (profit 10)
- The sale of the Karlatornet Tower has been postponed as a direct consequence of the uncertain situation in the global financial market caused by the Coronavirus pandemic. The level of activity in the project has been reduced to a minimum, with expenses of SEK 58 million associated with the project having burdened the quarter.
- The reorganization process is progressing, and efficiency measures are being implemented that will release about 200 million on an annual basis from the beginning of 2021. These measures will cut expenses throughout the organization and entail as many as 100 full-time employees being served notice of termination. Measures to restructure the organization burdened profit for the quarter by SEK 30 million.
Ola Serneke, CEO Serneke Group, comments:
"The adjustment our company is currently making should be considered in light of the current COVID-19 situation but is primarily part of a more long-term process aimed at shifting our principal focus from growth to profitability. Our recent financial results signal that, following many years of strong growth, we are in a phase where we must do what we have always been good at - daring to question, making decisions and continuing to focus ahead."
"We choose to do this right now, not only because it is required of us, but also because the conditions for doing so are favorable, despite a somewhat uncertain situation with the pandemic. We have a historically strong order backlog of approximately SEK 10.5 billion, almost double what it was compared with the same time a year ago."
Presentation of the Interim Report for January-March 2020
On May 5, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. (CET), Serneke Group will comment on this Interim Report in a conference call with an online presentation for investors, analysts and the media. The presentation will be in Swedish and can be followed live via webcast at https://tv.streamfabriken.com/serneke-q1-2020.. Presentation materials for the presentation will be available on the website one hour before the webcast begins.
To participate, please dial: +46 8 566 426 95
Serneke develops 145 condominiums in Stockholm
Serneke has secured a land allocation for the Östra Terrassen property within the Kolkajen project i...;
Serneke launches framework for green bonds
Serneke has developed a new framework that makes it possible to issue green bonds. The purpose is to...;
Serneke to construct 80 apartments in Växjö
Serneke has signed an agreement with Lansa Fastigheter to build 80 apartments in central Växjö. The ...;
Serneke and Akademiska Hus sign contracting agreements for the School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg
Serneke has now signed an agreement with Akademiska Hus to build a new building that will be part of...;
- 3/12/2021 Serneke evaluates existing bond financing
Serneke to construct logistics facility in Tranås
Serneke has signed an agreement with Höganloft Fastigheter AB to construct a new logistics facility ...;
Interim report January-June 2021
STABILIZATION AND TRANSACTION GENERATE PROFIT
Serneke and Balder to develop additional properties in Karlastaden
Serneke and Fastighets AB Balder are forming a joint venture development company to continue their c...
Serneke Group repays SEK 200 million of outstanding bond loans
Serneke Group AB will repay SEK 200 million on 1 June 2021 on its bond loan with ISIN SE0011256338. ...