Interim report January-March 2020
KICK-OFF FOR A NEW ORGANIZATION
- Order bookings amounted to SEK 2,975 million (1,177) and the order backlog was SEK 10,576 million (5,973)
- Income amounted to SEK 1,814 million (1,480)
- The operating loss was SEK 149 million (profit 18), of which non-recurring expenses amounted to SEK 135 million
- At the end of the period, available cash and cash equivalents totaled SEK 587 million
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to an outflow of SEK 233 million (262)
- Cash flow for the period amounted to an outflow of SEK 50 million, of which Karlatornet had a negative impact by SEK 140 million
- The loss for the period amounted to SEK 106 million (profit 10)
- The sale of the Karlatornet Tower has been postponed as a direct consequence of the uncertain situation in the global financial market caused by the Coronavirus pandemic. The level of activity in the project has been reduced to a minimum, with expenses of SEK 58 million associated with the project having burdened the quarter.
- The reorganization process is progressing, and efficiency measures are being implemented that will release about 200 million on an annual basis from the beginning of 2021. These measures will cut expenses throughout the organization and entail as many as 100 full-time employees being served notice of termination. Measures to restructure the organization burdened profit for the quarter by SEK 30 million.
Ola Serneke, CEO Serneke Group, comments:
"The adjustment our company is currently making should be considered in light of the current COVID-19 situation but is primarily part of a more long-term process aimed at shifting our principal focus from growth to profitability. Our recent financial results signal that, following many years of strong growth, we are in a phase where we must do what we have always been good at - daring to question, making decisions and continuing to focus ahead."
"We choose to do this right now, not only because it is required of us, but also because the conditions for doing so are favorable, despite a somewhat uncertain situation with the pandemic. We have a historically strong order backlog of approximately SEK 10.5 billion, almost double what it was compared with the same time a year ago."
Presentation of the Interim Report for January-March 2020
On May 5, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. (CET), Serneke Group will comment on this Interim Report in a conference call with an online presentation for investors, analysts and the media. The presentation will be in Swedish and can be followed live via webcast at https://tv.streamfabriken.com/serneke-q1-2020.. Presentation materials for the presentation will be available on the website one hour before the webcast begins.
To participate, please dial: +46 8 566 426 95
Serneke and Specialfastigheter are taking the next step in developing Sagsjön women’s correctional facility in Lindome
Serneke and Specialfastigheter have now reached phase two of their partnership to develop the Sagsjö...;
Serneke divests Florist project in Uppsala
Serneke has sold the Florist housing project in Rosendal, Uppsala, to Lansa Fastigheter. The agreeme...;
Serneke revokes agreement with Svenska Bostäder
Serneke is revoking the agreement with Svenska Bostäder for the execution of the Plankan block housi...;
Experience one of Karlatornet's penthouse apartments by means of new technology
A digital model now allows anyone seeking to visit one of the penthouse apartments in Karlatornet to...;
Serneke wants to build away loneliness
H22 Alone Together is a research project on future housing with the ambition of developing a concept...;
Serneke to construct apartments for Albèr Fastigheter in Karlstad
Serneke has signed a turnkey contract with Albèr Fastigheter in the Swedish province of Värmland to ...;
Serneke signs turnkey agreement with ICA Fastigheter regarding commercial premises and housing in Lund
Serneke and ICA Fastigheter have signed a turnkey agreement for the new production of an entirely ne...
Serneke and Balder are building the Aries block in Karlastaden
Serneke and Fastighets AB Balder are forming another joint development company in a joint venture to...
Interim report January-September 2021
STRENGTHENED MANAGEMENT AND POSITIVE TREND July - September 2021 Order bookings amounted to SEK ...